1 TBSP ground flaxseed + 2.5 Tbsp water
1 cup spelt flour
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 TBS espresso powder
1/2 TBS Organic Burst Baobab powder (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
A dash of Chinese five spice powder
A pinch of salt
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 TBS melted coconut oil
makes 4 large pancakes
1. Mix the ground flaxseed with water and set aside
2. In a medium bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients (flours, sugar, baking powder, espresso powder, baobab, salt, and spices).
3. In a separate bowl, whisk wet ingredients (almond milk, pumpkin puree, coconut oil).
4. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture, mix in the flax paste. Then slowly, while whisking, mix in the wet mixture.
5. Preheat your pancake pan. Cook about 1 ladle of batter for a few minutes (until you see bubbles appear). Flip. Cook for another minute, until golden brown. Transfer to plate.
Serve with chopped pecans.