My mum always prepares her almond snack the same old way, pan roasting it with some salt.
So while I was helping her roasting some almonds today, this brilliant idea suddenly came up. Spice it up a little bit! I grabbed some honey and coated it all over before adding the sesame seeds at the last minute. The result is a really addictive sweet salty snack.
A handful of raw almonds
1/2 cup raw honey
1 tbsp of water
Pinch of salt
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
1. Roast the almonds in a heavy bottomed pan. Keep stirring/flipping it. Be careful not to let it burn.
2. Meanwhile, loosen up the honey with a little water. You don’t want it to be too runny.
3. After you hear some crackling sounds from the pans, lower the heat.
4. Pour the honey mixture into the pan and sprinkle some salt.
5. Quickly mix well and then pour it to a baking paper.
6. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and let it cool.
I shall try other variations with the rest of the almonds. Dear mum, say goodbye to your usual snack, because I’ll be introducing new flavors to you.
This year Hanukkah and Thanksgiving will fall on the same day. So here is a latkes recipe to celebrate it!
The word “latke” itself is derived (via Yiddish) from the Russian/Ukrainian word meaning “patch.” Continue reading →
Have you had one of those days where you wanted something sweet and savory at the same time? Well it happened to me this morning. I wanted a pumpkiny breakfast. But I want something savory as well. Like…. BACON!!!! And … Continue reading →
Apparently I just found out that today is World Vegan Day. So…. HAPPY VEGAN DAY!!! =D Anyways, fall has started. So it’s been quite cold in the morning. I’ve actually been making warm breakfast most of the mornings. Or at … Continue reading →
You know how I love breakfast. But lately I’ve been struggling, coming up with new breakfast recipes. It’s too cold for overnight stuff. And too lazy or not enough time to cook in the morning. But this morning, I decided … Continue reading →