My oven is my new best friend! Today, unlike any other day, I made breakfast using my oven. Usually I’m too lazy to go through all that hassle in the morning. So I would just blend some shakes, or fry some omelet, or toast some bread. But today, I baked an egg boat. So easy to make! Plus it hasn’t really diverged that much from my usual breakfast ritual. And! The mixture of egg and bacon? Yum yum!
1 long whole wheat baguette
1/3 cup heavy cream
4 ounces bacon, finely chopped and fried until crisp
3 ounces mozzarella + parmesan cheese, grated
2 green onions, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (±175°C).
2. Cut a deep “V” through the tops of each baguette until about a 1/2 inch to the bottom. Partially unstuff the baguettes. Set aside.
3. Place the eggs and cream into a mixing bowl and lightly beat together. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and lightly season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour the mixture into the baguette boat and place onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown, puffed and set in the center. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, cut and serve.
Enjoy it with your morning coffee, tea, or milk.