One of the greatest things to do in the Summer is barbecue! And one of the greatest thing for barbecue, is brisket! It does take a long time to cook. But trust me, it’s worth it! The meat is so tender, it melts in your mouth~
10 lbs beef brisket
23g (5 tsp) salt
23g (5 tsp) dried garlic
23g (5 tsp) dried onion
6g (1 TBS) white pepper
6g (1 TBS) black pepper
6g (1 TBS) green pepper
A glut of oil
1. Make the dry rub. Grind salt, garlic, onion, white pepper, black pepper, and green pepper.
2. Pat dry the brisket, and trim excess fat. Cover both sides with oil then coat with dry rub. Refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat your smoker to 225º – 275ºF. Cook the meat for 12 – 15 hours (or until internal temperature reaches 203ºF).
4. Remove brisket from smoker. Wrap it in foil, then layers of towel. Let it rest for 3 hours.
5. To serve the brisket, you can either chop or slice it. Enjoy~