It’s hard to even count how many different cakes I’ve ever eaten. Different shapes and sizes and flavors. And on different occasions: holidays, birthdays, un-birthdays, dinner, breakfasts, and a lot more. The stage of excitement begins when I mix the … Continue reading
For the past few weeks, I’ve been craving waffles! So the other day, I went out and get a waffle iron. Yes. It’s gotten to that point. =p And I’m ready for a waffle partay!!!! So I went to my … Continue reading
Yes, the title is a mouthful. My apologies… Did you ever wake up in the morning and thought to yourselves, “I feel like eating something green!” No. Not green as in vegetables. Green as in the color green! That was … Continue reading
I woke up this morning feeling a bit chilly underneath the blanket. So I checked on the temperature, and wow!!! Below freezing! I thought to myself (yes, while still in bed), “Today will be a perfect day for warm muffins.” … Continue reading
It’s like eating dessert for breakfast! And it’s healthy! INGREDIENTS 1 small sugar pumpkin 1 cup (96 g) oat 1 cup (240 ml) almond milk 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp vanilla 1/2 tsp salt … Continue reading
A few months ago I bought a salon package that included a whole bunch of stuff (including hair highlights). So the other day, I… TURNED MY HAIR PURPLE!!!! Eeeeek!!! I was extremely excited =3 My boyfriend went up to me … Continue reading
Apples are probably one of my favorite fruits. And they’re in season!
We would like to thank Nadia from Nad’s Healthy Kitchen for sharing this recipe with us. 🙂
1/4 cup (60 ml) of almond or soy milk
3 tbsp (about 37 g) quark or (low fat/ 0% fat greek yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla extract (or some honey)
2 tbsp (25 g) stevia/sugar
2 egg whites
3 tbsp (17 g) oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sliced almonds
2 tbsp (25 g) quark (or low fat or 0% fat Greek yogurt)
1 tsp all natural honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, stevia sugar and egg whites into a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir well to a smooth consistency. Add the oats and baking powder, stir again.
2. Lay out a small round cake mold with parchment paper and add the yogurt mixture to the cake mold.
3. Cut the apple in half, take out the seeds and cut into thin slices. Also peel 1/2 a mango and cut into thin slices as well.
4. Add the apple and mango slices on top of the batter the way you want to.
5. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of the fruit and put into the oven at 180ºC (350ºF) for about 30 minutes. the top should be golden brown.
6. Mix the yogurt with the honey and vanilla extract and put into the fridge. take the cake out of the oven, let cool for a bit, slice up and eat with the honey yogurt. enjoy!
Checkout Nadia’s other recipes:
Fall is here!!! That means EAT EVERYTHING PUMPKIN!!! To start the celebration of pumpkin season is a stack of pumpkin spice latte pancakes. Coffee and pancakes? Why not? ;] INGREDIENTS 1 TBSP ground flaxseed + 2.5 Tbsp water 1 cup spelt … Continue reading
The days are getting chilly!!! Perfect time for warm breakfasts. =] I’ve always loved whenever I can turn desserts into a bowl of oat porridge. It feels like a treat. So today, I’ve turned one of my favorite cakes into … Continue reading
What a day!!! I started my day with a quick yoga stretch and made myself a stack of pancakes. I promised the recipe and so here it is. Not really… But it’s down below after I quickly summarized a few … Continue reading