It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas~ Confession. I’ve spent a few weeks listening to Christmas music, baking some of my favorites. Spending my time with a couple of friends in early Christmas dinners, decorating, exchanging gifts. I love … Continue reading
It’s hard to even count how many different cakes I’ve ever eaten. Different shapes and sizes and flavors. And on different occasions: holidays, birthdays, un-birthdays, dinner, breakfasts, and a lot more. The stage of excitement begins when I mix the … Continue reading
I woke up this morning feeling a bit chilly underneath the blanket. So I checked on the temperature, and wow!!! Below freezing! I thought to myself (yes, while still in bed), “Today will be a perfect day for warm muffins.” … Continue reading
Let’s take a break from pumpkins for a minute, shall we? These brownies are baked with a burst of rich flavors and perfect for the chilly fall weather. Paired, of course, with your favorite tea or coffee. INGREDIENTS 1 large … Continue reading
Apples are probably one of my favorite fruits. And they’re in season!
We would like to thank Nadia from Nad’s Healthy Kitchen for sharing this recipe with us. 🙂
1/4 cup (60 ml) of almond or soy milk
3 tbsp (about 37 g) quark or (low fat/ 0% fat greek yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla extract (or some honey)
2 tbsp (25 g) stevia/sugar
2 egg whites
3 tbsp (17 g) oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sliced almonds
2 tbsp (25 g) quark (or low fat or 0% fat Greek yogurt)
1 tsp all natural honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, stevia sugar and egg whites into a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir well to a smooth consistency. Add the oats and baking powder, stir again.
2. Lay out a small round cake mold with parchment paper and add the yogurt mixture to the cake mold.
3. Cut the apple in half, take out the seeds and cut into thin slices. Also peel 1/2 a mango and cut into thin slices as well.
4. Add the apple and mango slices on top of the batter the way you want to.
5. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of the fruit and put into the oven at 180ºC (350ºF) for about 30 minutes. the top should be golden brown.
6. Mix the yogurt with the honey and vanilla extract and put into the fridge. take the cake out of the oven, let cool for a bit, slice up and eat with the honey yogurt. enjoy!
Checkout Nadia’s other recipes:
Date night!! Honestly, we don’t really get that much date nights, due to the fact that I pretty much work 7 days a week. So I’ve made a promise to him, and myself, that at least once a week, we … Continue reading
Today is one of those days where you walk outside, and you go “Huh…” The weather isn’t too bad. It’s nice enough to take a walk at the park (which I did after breakfast). But it’s still pretty hot and humid. … Continue reading
Summer is perfect for granita. This watermelon granita has a gorgeous color, and it just sings summer.
1 kg seedless watermelon, cubed
1/3 cup (about 60 g) sugar
Juice of 2 limes
1. Place watermelon, lime juice, and sugar in a blender. Process until smooth, then pour into a baking sheet,tray, or a shallow container.
2. Freeze for at least 2 hours, then scrape the top, frozen layer. Return pan to freezer with the shaved ice on top; remove a couple of hours later and continue scraping. Repeat the occasional scraping process until the entire mixture is shaved. Store, covered in plastic wrap, until ready to be served.
One of the reasons why we love Summer is the huge variety of fruits that are in season! One of them, and one of our favorites, is peach.
This dessert risotto, that can be enjoyed either by yourself, or share it with your special one.
1 ripe peach, halved
1 cup milk
1 cup cream
1/2 cup risotto rice
1/2 cup moscato wine
1 TBS caster sugar
1″ cinnamon stick
1/2 TBS butter
1/2 vanilla pods
1 tsp lemon zest
Juice 1/4 lemon
1 handful fresh mint, leaves picked
serves 1 – 2
1. In a small pot, put halved peaches, 2 tsp of caster sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/4 cup moscatto. Simmer until peaches are soft (about 10 minutes). Remove and set aside.
2. Meanwhile. melt half of the butter, score vanilla pods and scrape the seeds. Add seeds to butter. Cook for a few seconds to one minute, then add rice and remaining sugar, turn heat to medium. Stir. Pour in the remaining moscatto, stir until moscatto is reduced. Add milk and cream slowly. Simmer, and stir often.
3. When rice is soft, add the remaining butter ,liquid from peach. Stir, and cover for a few minutes.
4. Remove skins and stones from peaches, chop.
5. Spoon risotto to plate, put chocolate and chopped peaches.
We made these popsicles for Fourth of July. It was boiling hot! There’s nothing better than enjoying ice pops on hot days. HEALTHY ice pops! 😉 RED WHITE BLUE ROCKET POPS INGREDIENTS 2 cups cashews 1 cup almond milk 1/2 … Continue reading