Before I go any further, yes, it’s a very long name. But I can explain.
I’ve always wanted to make cauliflower pizza and quinoa pizza. First of all, I don’t really care for cauliflower. It looks like an albino broccoli… But if you grind it up and mix it with other ingredients, disguising the cauliflower itself, I wouldn’t really mind.
That’s basically what I did with the pizza. Instead of making two different pizzas, I combine them into one! It’s quite a work, honestly. But here it is 🙂
1 medium cauliflower head
1/2 cup quinoa (I used red quinoa)
3 TBS chia seeds
1/3 cup water
1 TBS sesame oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 TBS miso paste
1-2 TBS water
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1/2 tsp sesame oil
50g (1/2 pack) Enoki mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
About 150g tofu, cubed
1 green onion, sliced
A generous amount of arame
1. Soak quinoa overnight.
2. The day after, preheat oven to 425ºF (± 218ºC)
3. Soak chia seeds in 1/2 cup water for about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, grate, or put cauliflower in food processor and grind it until it reaches a rice-like texture. Transfer the ground cauliflower to a pan and toast on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes to release its moisture.
5. Drain and rinse quinoa. Put it in a blender along with soaked chia seeds, cauliflower “rice”, garlic powder, and sesame oil.
6. Pour mixture onto a baking stone, or baking sheet line with parchment paper. For best results, press the crust together firmly, and smooth it out, making sure it has no “thin” spots.
7. Bake for 15 minutes.
Mix miso paste with hot water, add ginger and sesame oil.
1. Soak arame in hot water for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. When pizza crust is ready, spread the miso sauce, topped with enoki mushrooms, shiitake, cubed tofu. Then sprinkle the green onions and arame.
3. Place the pizza back into the oven, bake for another 15 minutes (or until toppings are cooked, the edges of tofu starts to turn golden brown).
You know what’s the best thing about this pizza? Not only is it vegan, it’s gluten free. And best of it all, it’s GUILT FREE!