Tired of the usual Christmas Ham dinner? Try switching it with pulled pork!
Kyle is our videographer. And yes, he’s an amazing cook!
5 lbs of pork shoulder
4 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
5 tsp salt
4 tsp whole pepper
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp dried onion
2 tsp whole cloves
2 tsp whole all spice
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp dried thyme
3/4 tsp dried rosemary
1 bulb garlic
1. Trim any large chunks of fat.
2. Score the pork, about half in deep cuts.
3. Rub pork with olive oil on both sides, rub with hall the spice mix, and stick garlic cloves into the cuts.
4. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, uncovered.
5. Preheat oven to 250ºF
6. Remove pork from fridge and rub with the rest of the spice rub.
7. On the bottom rack, place a large deep pan filled with 8 cups of water.
8. Insert a temperature probe (optional but recommended).
9. Position a rack right above the pan of water, and place pork on the top rack.
10. Cook for about 8 hours or until internal temperature is 203 degrees.
11. When pork is ready, shred them with 2 forks. And DEVOUR~