This pot of soup is a powerhouse when it comes to dealing with fight cold and flu.
1/2 Kabocha squash, peeled and cubed
4 large shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
1 green chili pepper, seeds removed and sliced
2 small red onions, peeled and minced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2-inch ginger piece, peeled and minced
1-2 TBS sesame oil
Enough vegetable stock
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, heat sesame oil. Sautée ginger, onions, garlic, and chili peppers until onions are soft.
2. Add in the kabocha and shiitake. Stir. Then add in goji berries.
3. Pour in enough vegetable stock to cover the kabocha squash. Bring to boil, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until kabocha is fork-tender.
4. Transfer everything to a heat-proof blender. Blend until smooth.
5. Serve in a bowl with extra goji berries and chili peppers.