Healthy sweet treats!?!?!? Right down my alley!
I’ve been following The Super Sisters on Instagram for a while now, and also have tried their recipes. For Christmas, they were kind enough to share with us their recipe for healthier sugar cookies.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup butter
1 cup baking stevia
2 tbs sugar (optional)*
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
*feel free to reduce the amount of stevia to 1/2 cup and increase sugar content to 1/2 cup for those who aren’t used to sugar free desserts 🙂
1. In a medium bowl, beat butter and vanilla until smooth.
2. Add your egg and egg yolk, and beat until well combined.
3. In another bowl mix all your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, stevia, sugar and salt) and stir until thoroughly mixed.
4. Slowly add your dry ingredients to your other bowl and mix until dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350º. Line a two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
6. Lightly flour your surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick, and use cookie cutter to cut out your favorite shapes! Bake for 8-10 minutes.
If you want to find more of the Super Sisters and their healthy treats, visit them in place below.