The best thing about homemade pizza is, you can put whatever toppings you want! 🙂
3 cups (16 1/2 ounces) bread flour, plus more for work surface
2 TBS sugar
1/2 tsp instant or rapid-rise yeast
1-1/3 cups ice water (about 10 1/2 ounces) (see note)
1 TBS vegetable oil, plus more for work surface
1-1/2 tsp table salt
1 (28 oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and liquid discarded
1 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
[FOR THE DOUGH]
1. In food processor, process flour, sugar, and yeast until combined.
2. Slowly add water through feed tube; process until dough is just combined and no dry flour remain. Let dough stand 10 minutes.
3. Add oil and salt to dough and process until dough turns into a sticky ball.
4. Remove dough from bowl and knead briefly on lightly oiled countertop until smooth, about 1 minute.
5. Shape dough into tight ball and place in large, lightly oiled bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 3 days.
[FOR THE SAUCE]
1. Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl or container and refrigerate until ready to use.
[TO BAKE THE PIZZA]
1. Adjust oven rack to second highest position, and set pizza stone on rack.
2. Preheat oven to 500ºF (260ºC). Remove dough from refrigerator and divide in half.
3. Shape each half into smooth, tight ball. Place on lightly oiled baking sheet, and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let stand for 1 hour.
4. Flour work surface and coat 1 ball of dough generously with flour and place on well-floured countertop.
5. Using fingertips, or knuckles, gently flatten into 8-inch to 13-inch disk, leaving 1 inch of outer edge slightly thicker than center.
6. Transfer dough to well-floured peel.
7. Using back of spoon or ladle, spread tomato sauce in thin layer over surface of dough, leaving 1/4-inch border around edge.
8. Sprinkle cheese and add toppings.
9. Slide pizza carefully onto stone and bake until crust is well browned and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown (about 10 to 12 minutes).
10. Remove pizza and place on wire rack for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Repeat with second dough.