Looking for a low-carb substitute for mashed potatoes? Try this creamy garlicky mashed cauliflowers.
1 large head of cauliflower
8 cloves garlic
1/4 – 1/2 cup almond milk
2 tsp sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut cauliflower into florets. Remove stems. Transfer to a large steamer, and steam for 15-20 minutes (or until for tender).
2. Meanwhile, put whole garlic cloves (skin included) into a cast iron pan, cover with a lid, and cook in low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Once the garlic cloves are done, they should be nice and soft. Peel garlic cloves, and cut the ends.
4. Transfer steamed cauliflower, garlic, sesame oil, and almond milk (starting with 1/4 cup) to food processor. Blend until you get a smooth velvety texture. Add more almond milk if needed, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl, and sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley.