Do not go for a run after leg day workout! Going for a walk is okay. But not a run! Lesson learned after I almost collapsed… 🙂 Or maybe it’s due to the fact that I woke up with that bleh feeling.
These past few weeks, maybe due to the colder weather, I’ve been getting into running more. Which is odd, because I HATE running! But I’ve been running or sometimes walking around the park near where I lived. What I love most about this park is that it still has wild lives, such as deer.
My head feels stuffed, my stomach ached. So I decided to comfort my body with a warm bowl of soup for breakfast.
And the best part about soup is…. THE BREAD!!! =p It’s one of my guilty pleasures.
4 cloves garlic
1/2 medium onion
1/3 cup oat
2 cups water, or vegetable broth
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 sprig of fresh thyme, or a pinch of dried
Salt & pepper to taste
serves 1 – 2
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF
2. Pell and cut parsnip, garlic, and onion into bite size chunks. PLace them in a bowl and drizzle with oil. Toss until well-coated.
3. Transfer vegetables to a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
4. Meanwhile, heat the water (or broth).
5. When vegetables are done, remove from oven and transfer to a heat-proof blender.
7. Add the oats, water, apple cider vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. If you want a thinner soup, add more water or broth.
8. Transfer to bowls and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, thyme, and cherry tomatoes.