It’s like eating dessert for breakfast! And it’s healthy! INGREDIENTS 1 small sugar pumpkin 1 cup (96 g) oat 1 cup (240 ml) almond milk 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp vanilla 1/2 tsp salt … Continue reading
Fall doesn’t officially start without cafes launching their pumpkin spice lattes. But you don’t have to get on line to get a cup of this warm dessert-like coffee. You can easily make a cup yourself, and make it healthier. INGREDIENTS … Continue reading
A few months ago I bought a salon package that included a whole bunch of stuff (including hair highlights). So the other day, I… TURNED MY HAIR PURPLE!!!! Eeeeek!!! I was extremely excited =3 My boyfriend went up to me … Continue reading
Apples are probably one of my favorite fruits. And they’re in season!
We would like to thank Nadia from Nad’s Healthy Kitchen for sharing this recipe with us. 🙂
1/4 cup (60 ml) of almond or soy milk
3 tbsp (about 37 g) quark or (low fat/ 0% fat greek yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla extract (or some honey)
2 tbsp (25 g) stevia/sugar
2 egg whites
3 tbsp (17 g) oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sliced almonds
2 tbsp (25 g) quark (or low fat or 0% fat Greek yogurt)
1 tsp all natural honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, stevia sugar and egg whites into a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir well to a smooth consistency. Add the oats and baking powder, stir again.
2. Lay out a small round cake mold with parchment paper and add the yogurt mixture to the cake mold.
3. Cut the apple in half, take out the seeds and cut into thin slices. Also peel 1/2 a mango and cut into thin slices as well.
4. Add the apple and mango slices on top of the batter the way you want to.
5. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of the fruit and put into the oven at 180ºC (350ºF) for about 30 minutes. the top should be golden brown.
6. Mix the yogurt with the honey and vanilla extract and put into the fridge. take the cake out of the oven, let cool for a bit, slice up and eat with the honey yogurt. enjoy!
Checkout Nadia’s other recipes:
Do not go for a run after leg day workout! Going for a walk is okay. But not a run! Lesson learned after I almost collapsed… 🙂 Or maybe it’s due to the fact that I woke up with that bleh feeling. … Continue reading
Fall is here!!! That means EAT EVERYTHING PUMPKIN!!! To start the celebration of pumpkin season is a stack of pumpkin spice latte pancakes. Coffee and pancakes? Why not? ;] INGREDIENTS 1 TBSP ground flaxseed + 2.5 Tbsp water 1 cup spelt … Continue reading
Potato salads are perfect to serve in a party!
[FOR THE SALAD]
2 lbs red potatoes (1 kg)
1 red onion
1 cup shredded carrots (85 g)
2 hard boiled eggs
2 stalks of celery
[FOR THE DRESSING]
1 cup mayonnaise
3 TBS white vinegar (45 ml)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Cut potatoes in half and boil in salted water for about 20 minutes. The potatoes should be soft enough to be poked with a fork, yet still firm. Drain the water and let potatoes cool.
2. After potatoes are coo enough to handle, peel the skins, and cut potatoes into chunk. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Finely chop red onion to make 1/2 cup (85 g), celery stalks, and hard boiled eggs. Transfer to the bowl with potatoes.
4. Make the dressing. In a separate bowl, whisk all ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Pour over the bowl of salad, and gently toss. Let the salad rest for about 30 minutes.
**Adding finely chopped parsley is also delicious!**
The days are getting chilly!!! Perfect time for warm breakfasts. =] I’ve always loved whenever I can turn desserts into a bowl of oat porridge. It feels like a treat. So today, I’ve turned one of my favorite cakes into … Continue reading
We would like to thank our greatest neighbor on earth for sharing with us this bombing lasagna recipe (which is also her family’s recipe). 🙂
serves 8 – 10
1 lb Italian sausage
1 lb ground beef
1 clove garlic, minced
1 TBS dried basil
1 tsp salt
1 lb canned tomatoes
2 6 oz.-cans tomato paste
½ cup dry red wine/white wine
10 oz. box of lasagna noodles, dry
1 fresh lemon
3 cups ricotta cheese
½ cup Parmesan or Romano, grated
½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 lb mozzarella, thinly sliced
1. Brown ground beef, drain fat. Add sausage (remove from casing) drain fat. Add garlic, basil, salt, tomatoes (whole and paste), and wine. Simmer uncovered for about 30 mins.
2. In a bowl, beat eggs, add ricotta, parmesan (or romano) cheese, parsley, and juice of a fresh lemon. Blend add salt and pepper.
3. Assemble: Grease lasagna pan with butter, lay in lasagna noodle (1 layer). Spread cheese mixture. Lay in mozzarella. Lay in meat sauce. Lightly sprinkle parmesan. Add lasagna noodle. Repeat cheese, mozzarella, and meat sauce layer. Sprinkle parmesan and mozzarella on top.
4. Bake for 30 mins, 375ºF (190ºC). Cool for 15 minutes before serving
What a day!!! I started my day with a quick yoga stretch and made myself a stack of pancakes. I promised the recipe and so here it is. Not really… But it’s down below after I quickly summarized a few … Continue reading