One of the reasons why we love Summer is the huge variety of fruits that are in season! One of them, and one of our favorites, is peach.
This dessert risotto, that can be enjoyed either by yourself, or share it with your special one.
1 ripe peach, halved
1 cup milk
1 cup cream
1/2 cup risotto rice
1/2 cup moscato wine
1 TBS caster sugar
1″ cinnamon stick
1/2 TBS butter
1/2 vanilla pods
1 tsp lemon zest
Juice 1/4 lemon
1 handful fresh mint, leaves picked
serves 1 – 2
1. In a small pot, put halved peaches, 2 tsp of caster sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/4 cup moscatto. Simmer until peaches are soft (about 10 minutes). Remove and set aside.
2. Meanwhile. melt half of the butter, score vanilla pods and scrape the seeds. Add seeds to butter. Cook for a few seconds to one minute, then add rice and remaining sugar, turn heat to medium. Stir. Pour in the remaining moscatto, stir until moscatto is reduced. Add milk and cream slowly. Simmer, and stir often.
3. When rice is soft, add the remaining butter ,liquid from peach. Stir, and cover for a few minutes.
4. Remove skins and stones from peaches, chop.
5. Spoon risotto to plate, put chocolate and chopped peaches.