My fiance’s workplace is having a bake sale tomorrow for their employees. So he told me to make this one cake that I said I’ve been wanting to make ages ago. But while I’m on the groove of baking, I figured I might as well make ANOTHER cake that’s healthier. Or a clean-eating cake.
Decided! Protein “cheesecake” it is…
3/4 cup walnuts (or other types of nuts or seeds of your choice), soaked over night
3 1/2 oz or 3/4 cup of dried apricots 2 tbsps warm water
3 tbs coconut flour
3 cups plain Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
3 tbsps coconut flour
2 tbs honey
1. Put the apricots in a medium bowl, and pour boiling water over them, just until they are covered. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
2. Pulse the cashews in a food processor until they are the consistency of flour. Place the cashew flour in a new bowl.
3. Place 2 tbs of the warm water from the apricots in the food processor, drain the rest of the water. Now add the apricots and pulse till it gets to the consistency of jam.
4. Mix the cashew flour, the apricot jam and the coconut flour very well. Set aside.
5. Mix all cheesecake ingredients together.
6. Put aluminum cupcake liners in a muffin pan.
7. Place about 1 tbsp of the crust on the bottom of each liner.
8.Place the Cheesecake mixture on top Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
9. Refrigerate for about an hour.
As you can see, there’s no cheese involved whatsoever! Hence the quotation marks on “cheesecake.”
I think next time I’ll turn it into strawberry cheesecake. YUMMMMMMM… It’s a perfect pre-workout snack. Bon appétit!
Nutrient Count (1 muffin, without topping):
Total Fat: 7.2 g
Protein: 8.5 g
Carbs: 14.25 g
Fiber: 2.75 g