After watching Modern Family, I’ve been obsessed with the marriage between sea salt and chocolate. I’ve been searching in stores for them. And just yesterday, my best friend gave me this recipe she found for Salted Nutella Cookies. I skimmed through the recipe. Seems easy enough. So earlier today I bought some ingredients and went straight to the kitchen and started sifting, and mixing, and baking.
Of course it will be extremely selfish of me to keep the recipe all to myself. So here goes!
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup Nutella
1/3 cup milk
1. Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
2 In a separate bowl or a standing mixer, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla and Nutella to the sugar-butter mixture.
4. Add the milk and dry ingredients.
5. Chill the dough in the fridge for about 30 min.
6. Take the dough out of the fridge, and preheat the oven to 325°F (±162°C).
7. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slightly press down each of the balls and sprinkle with sea salt.
8. Bake for 30 minutes
9. Cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk. Oh! And not to mention, edible cookie dough! ;]