I haven’t been able to actually make meals, sit down and enjoy it. It’s either eating whole trying to catch the train or while working. But today, I don’t have to catch ANY trains! Ha! So I was able to make myself breakfast and actually sit down and enjoy it. And of course what did I make? A dessert for breakfast!
A handful strawberries
1 tsp maple syrup
1/4 vanilla pod, cored lengthways and seeds scraped out
1/2 tsp sherry vinegar
1/4 cup crème fraîche
A few mint leaves
1. Pick out the nicest strawberries and set aside. Put the rest in a bowl and add the maple syrup, half the vanilla seeds and the vinegar.
2. Squash together with the back of a fork and leave for 10–15 minutes.
3. Stir the rest of the vanilla seeds into the crème fraîche.
4. To serve, spoon a little vanilla cream in the centre of each bowl, make a well in the middle and spoon in some mushed strawberries.
5. Cut the reserved strawberries in half and sprinkle the lot over the vanilla cream. Scatter the mint leaves and orange zest.
Maybe you’re wondering why I didn’t have to catch the train today. Well….. I’m going to Maine!!! =D Vacation at last! My future nephew-in-law is having a birthday party. I’m so excited to see him again! =] He’s soooo adorable!
Anyways, I know I haven’t been very good at updating the blog. But now I’ve installed WordPress app on my phone haha. So it should be easier. Look out for updates from the road trip! ;] And enjoy this strawberry & vanilla cream!
Total Fat: 22 g
Protein: 1 g
Carbs: 16 g
Fiber: 2 g