I have a confession. Although I hate wasting food, I have to admit, I waste a lot of almonds! More precisely, almond pulp. After making Homemade Almond milk, I will have tons and tons of almond pulp left. Usually, I … Continue reading
My mum always prepares her almond snack the same old way, pan roasting it with some salt.
So while I was helping her roasting some almonds today, this brilliant idea suddenly came up. Spice it up a little bit! I grabbed some honey and coated it all over before adding the sesame seeds at the last minute. The result is a really addictive sweet salty snack.
A handful of raw almonds
1/2 cup raw honey
1 tbsp of water
Pinch of salt
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
1. Roast the almonds in a heavy bottomed pan. Keep stirring/flipping it. Be careful not to let it burn.
2. Meanwhile, loosen up the honey with a little water. You don’t want it to be too runny.
3. After you hear some crackling sounds from the pans, lower the heat.
4. Pour the honey mixture into the pan and sprinkle some salt.
5. Quickly mix well and then pour it to a baking paper.
6. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and let it cool.
I shall try other variations with the rest of the almonds. Dear mum, say goodbye to your usual snack, because I’ll be introducing new flavors to you.