It’s hard to even count how many different cakes I’ve ever eaten. Different shapes and sizes and flavors. And on different occasions: holidays, birthdays, un-birthdays, dinner, breakfasts, and a lot more. The stage of excitement begins when I mix the … Continue reading
Let’s take a break from pumpkins for a minute, shall we? These brownies are baked with a burst of rich flavors and perfect for the chilly fall weather. Paired, of course, with your favorite tea or coffee. INGREDIENTS 1 large … Continue reading
A few months ago I bought a salon package that included a whole bunch of stuff (including hair highlights). So the other day, I… TURNED MY HAIR PURPLE!!!! Eeeeek!!! I was extremely excited =3 My boyfriend went up to me … Continue reading
Date night!! Honestly, we don’t really get that much date nights, due to the fact that I pretty much work 7 days a week. So I’ve made a promise to him, and myself, that at least once a week, we … Continue reading
One of the reasons why we love Summer is the huge variety of fruits that are in season! One of them, and one of our favorites, is peach.
This dessert risotto, that can be enjoyed either by yourself, or share it with your special one.
1 ripe peach, halved
1 cup milk
1 cup cream
1/2 cup risotto rice
1/2 cup moscato wine
1 TBS caster sugar
1″ cinnamon stick
1/2 TBS butter
1/2 vanilla pods
1 tsp lemon zest
Juice 1/4 lemon
1 handful fresh mint, leaves picked
serves 1 – 2
1. In a small pot, put halved peaches, 2 tsp of caster sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/4 cup moscatto. Simmer until peaches are soft (about 10 minutes). Remove and set aside.
2. Meanwhile. melt half of the butter, score vanilla pods and scrape the seeds. Add seeds to butter. Cook for a few seconds to one minute, then add rice and remaining sugar, turn heat to medium. Stir. Pour in the remaining moscatto, stir until moscatto is reduced. Add milk and cream slowly. Simmer, and stir often.
3. When rice is soft, add the remaining butter ,liquid from peach. Stir, and cover for a few minutes.
4. Remove skins and stones from peaches, chop.
5. Spoon risotto to plate, put chocolate and chopped peaches.
We made these popsicles for Fourth of July. It was boiling hot! There’s nothing better than enjoying ice pops on hot days. HEALTHY ice pops! 😉 RED WHITE BLUE ROCKET POPS INGREDIENTS 2 cups cashews 1 cup almond milk 1/2 … Continue reading
I am in love with my adorable kitties! Well… I’ve been in love with them. They are so adorable! What a great distraction from work! XD I mean… Look how cute Cecilia is, cuddling with her favorite mousey toy! :3 … Continue reading
First day of Summer!!! Yesterday though… We went to a strawberry farm that was kind of nearby (it was a bit over one-hour drive). I was so engulfed with exhaustion that I wasn’t even excited at first. BUT! As soon … Continue reading
Where’s the sun!?!?!? It’s so dark outside, and wet, making me not want to leave my bed. This will be the perfect day to be lazy. But I had to get up. I had an early start for the day. … Continue reading
It was such a beautiful day today! The sun was shining. Rain was hiding (in the morning, at least). What a perfect weather for a smoothie! I’d have to say that one of my biggest obsessions is carrot cake imitations, … Continue reading