It’s hard to even count how many different cakes I’ve ever eaten. Different shapes and sizes and flavors. And on different occasions: holidays, birthdays, un-birthdays, dinner, breakfasts, and a lot more. The stage of excitement begins when I mix the … Continue reading
If you’re following me on Instagram, you’ve probably heard of the big announcement regarding the project that I was working on! I collaborated with a UK-based superfood company, Organic Burst on a photo shoot. The project went extremely well. I pitched … Continue reading
This pot of soup is a powerhouse when it comes to dealing with fight cold and flu. INGREDIENTS 1/2 Kabocha squash, peeled and cubed 4 large shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced 1 green chili pepper, seeds removed and sliced … Continue reading
Let’s take a break from pumpkins for a minute, shall we? These brownies are baked with a burst of rich flavors and perfect for the chilly fall weather. Paired, of course, with your favorite tea or coffee. INGREDIENTS 1 large … Continue reading
It’s like eating dessert for breakfast! And it’s healthy! INGREDIENTS 1 small sugar pumpkin 1 cup (96 g) oat 1 cup (240 ml) almond milk 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup 1 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp vanilla 1/2 tsp salt … Continue reading
Fall doesn’t officially start without cafes launching their pumpkin spice lattes. But you don’t have to get on line to get a cup of this warm dessert-like coffee. You can easily make a cup yourself, and make it healthier. INGREDIENTS … Continue reading
A few months ago I bought a salon package that included a whole bunch of stuff (including hair highlights). So the other day, I… TURNED MY HAIR PURPLE!!!! Eeeeek!!! I was extremely excited =3 My boyfriend went up to me … Continue reading
Apples are probably one of my favorite fruits. And they’re in season!
We would like to thank Nadia from Nad’s Healthy Kitchen for sharing this recipe with us. 🙂
1/4 cup (60 ml) of almond or soy milk
3 tbsp (about 37 g) quark or (low fat/ 0% fat greek yogurt)
1 tsp vanilla extract (or some honey)
2 tbsp (25 g) stevia/sugar
2 egg whites
3 tbsp (17 g) oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sliced almonds
2 tbsp (25 g) quark (or low fat or 0% fat Greek yogurt)
1 tsp all natural honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, stevia sugar and egg whites into a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir well to a smooth consistency. Add the oats and baking powder, stir again.
2. Lay out a small round cake mold with parchment paper and add the yogurt mixture to the cake mold.
3. Cut the apple in half, take out the seeds and cut into thin slices. Also peel 1/2 a mango and cut into thin slices as well.
4. Add the apple and mango slices on top of the batter the way you want to.
5. Sprinkle the sliced almonds on top of the fruit and put into the oven at 180ºC (350ºF) for about 30 minutes. the top should be golden brown.
6. Mix the yogurt with the honey and vanilla extract and put into the fridge. take the cake out of the oven, let cool for a bit, slice up and eat with the honey yogurt. enjoy!
Checkout Nadia’s other recipes:
Do not go for a run after leg day workout! Going for a walk is okay. But not a run! Lesson learned after I almost collapsed… 🙂 Or maybe it’s due to the fact that I woke up with that bleh feeling. … Continue reading
The days are getting chilly!!! Perfect time for warm breakfasts. =] I’ve always loved whenever I can turn desserts into a bowl of oat porridge. It feels like a treat. So today, I’ve turned one of my favorite cakes into … Continue reading