Pasta is quite a comforting food. But it’s FULL of carbs! This afternoon, I’ve made myself a low-carb “pasta.”
Why does the word pasta have quotation marks? Because it isn’t! But my lunch today is low carb, gluten free, high fibre, quick, and easy! Oh! Most importantly, it’s yummy! Spicy. Cause I put lots of crushed peppers lol. But I love spicy.
3 celery stalks
1 tsp basil olive oil
1/4 yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
1 cup canned tomatoes, to taste
2 tbs nutritional yeast, to taste
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Wash and cut celery stalks into 2 inches long, and put in boiling salted water. Cook until celery is soft. Test them with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil for about 5 minutes, or until translucent.
3. Stir in the sliced mushrooms and diced tomato and cook for another 8-10 minutes or so over medium-high heat, until some of the water cooks off.
4. Stir in nutritional yeast, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes. Add salt to taste. Simmer for another 5 minutes or so and adjust seasonings to taste if desired.
5. Drain celery and stir in the pasta sauce, heat, and serve immediately with garlic bread if you’d like.
Total Fat: 4 g
Protein: 9 g
Carbs: 32 g
Fiber: 10 g